Effective December 15, 2013 our fee for 300 dpi scans will change from $10 to $20, and we will eliminate service fees for all photos for which we don't hold copyright. This change will provide a significant cost reduction for many patrons while continuing to help defray our costs. The new fee schedule is below.
Because there are many print options available, we do not sell prints of our photos. After purchasing a scanned image from us you may have it printed by any local print shop or by our recommended printing source, University of Maryland Printing Services. Please contact Thai Nguyen at email@example.com for pricing and shipping details.
PHOTOS AVAILABLE FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. See our Use Policy for more information.
Users may download 75 dpi scans from our online catalog without charge. 300 dpi scans are available for $20 per image. This fee subject to change at any time.
Credit card payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) is required at time of purchase.
There is a service fee according to the schedule below for photos for which we hold copyright if the photo is published, reproduced in a product or publicly exhibited.
As a non-profit institution, we do not make any profit in providing these photographs for you. It is only by assessing the service fees that we are able to cover the cost of providing publication quality copies of our photos, preserving the photograph collection according to archival standards, and providing access to the collection by maintaining an online image database.
If we do not hold copyright, we do not charge a service fee. Users are responsible for securing permission to publish from the copyright holder. We provide all the information that we have on copyright holders in the online record for each photo.
Images are for use in educational projects only and must be used in a respectful manner. See our Use Policy for more information.
Individual Use: NO FEE
- Private display (in home, school or office) .
- Authors paying for images for a book or journal article out of their own pockets and not receiving reimbursement or royalties from the publisher.
- Images downloaded from our site and mounted on students’ and professors’ educational, non-commercial Web sites.
- Use of images in educational lectures and presentations.
- For small publications (book printing < 1000, journal circulation < 15,000): NO FEE
- For larger publications (book printing > 1000, journal circulation > 15,000): $35.00
- For re-use of the photograph in a new edition of the project (you do not need a reproduction/digital scan from us): $25.00
For-profit Use (educational only): $85.00
- Re-use of the photograph in a new edition of the project (you do not need a reproduction/digital scan from us): $63.75