AIP is located at the American Center for Physics (ACP), 1 Physics Ellipse, College Park, MD 20740.
By METRO (~$3 and 60 minutes)
The closest metro stop to the American Center for Physics is the College Park/University of Maryland station, on the GREEN LINE. Exit stairs to the East Kiss & Ride lot and River Road. Walk ten minutes SOUTH along River Road; look for ACP on the right side.
- Plan your trip (stops; trip duration; fare) through Metro's trip planner.
- Map of Washington. D.C. Metro system
From the New Carrollton AMTRAK Station by Taxi (~$25 and 15 minutes)
- Exit the AMTRAK Station on the EAST side.
- RIGHT onto Garden City Dr.
- In RIGHT LANE, exit to Rt. 50 WEST
- Take EXIT 5 onto Rt. 410 WEST for 1.6 miles.
- LEFT onto Riverdale Rd. for 1 mile
- RIGHT on Kenilworth Ave. for ~0.5 mile.
- LEFT on River Rd., you will see ACP on the LEFT, follow signs.
From Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) by Taxi (~$65 and 35 minutes)
BWI Shuttle direct to ACP via highway: 1-800-258-3826
- Travel SOUTH on the Baltimore/Washington Parkway for about 20 miles.
- Exit to Rt. 495 NORTH (Capital Beltway) and take Exit 23 to MD Rt. 201 (Kenilworth Ave.)
- Travel SOUTH for about 3 miles.
- RIGHT onto River Rd., you will see building on the LEFT, follow signs.
- Public Transportation from BWI to College Park/University of Maryland station
From Dulles International Airport by Taxi (~$80 and 45-60 minutes)
- Follow signs towards Washington, DC and take I-495 exit towards Rockville.
- EAST on 495 until Exit 23, Kenilworth Ave.
- SOUTH for about 3 miles.
- RIGHT onto River Rd., you will see building, follow signs.
- Public Transportation from DIA to College Park/University of Maryland station
From National Airport by Taxi (~$45-50 and 30 minutes)
From National Airport toward DC, travel NORTH on Rt. 395 to New York Ave. (See Route from DC below). Follow directions below ("From the District of Columbia")
Metro rail from National Airport: Take the YELLOW LINE, and at the Mount Vernon Square/7th St.-Convention Center stop, transfer to the GREEN LINE to College Park.
From the District of Columbia
- Take New York Ave. to the Baltimore/Washington Parkway NORTH
- Exit RIGHT (Hyattsville/New Carrollton/Route 410)
- LEFT on Riverdale Road, go one mile.
- Take RIGHT onto MD Rt. 201 (Kenilworth Ave.)
- LEFT on River Rd., you will see building, follow signs.
From the Capital Beltway (Interstate 495)
- Capital Beltway (495) to Exit 23, MD 201 SOUTH (Kenilworth Ave.) (towards Bladensburg), travel about 3 miles.
- RIGHT on River Rd., you will see building on the LEFT, follow signs.
From the University of Maryland Conference Center (UMUC)
- SOUTH on Adelphi Rd. about 2 miles.
- EAST on Rt. 410 (East-West Hwy.) about 2.5 miles.
- LEFT onto MD 201 (Kenilworth Ave.) about 0.5 mile
- LEFT on River Rd., you will see bldg., follow signs.