On March 4 the Obama Administration sends its FY 2015 budget request to Congress. The AIP Government Relations web site organizes FYI, The American Institute of Physics Bulletin of Science Policy News to assist readers in following the appropriations process for selected federal science agencies. The site also offers guidance to readers wishing to interact with Members of Congress.
The website section, Federal Budget Information, categorizes issues of FYI relating to the Administration’s request and appropriations developments for:
- Department of Defense Science and Technology programs
- Department of Energy: Office of Science
- Department of Energy: National Nuclear Security Administration
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Science Foundation
- STEM education
- U.S. Geological Survey
Issues of FYI relating to appropriations hearings, bills, committee reports, and conference reports appear in this section under the heading Latest Congressional Budget Action. This section, categorized by agencies, facilitates the comparison of House and Senate committee report language and funding levels.
To access issues of FYI by key word or phrase, the FYI section of the Government Relations page has a search mechanism. This section also has a link to an archive of FYI issues.
The Government Relations web site includes a congressional calendar and information on Communicating with Congress.