Largest Physics PhD-Granting* Departments in the U.S.
- Astronomy Departments Averaging 5 or More Astronomy Doctorate’s per Year, Classes of 2008, 2009 and 2010
- Departments Averaging 15 or More Physics PhDs per Year, Classes of 2006, 2007 & 2008 Combined
- Astronomy Departments Averaging 5 or More Astronomy PhDs per Year, Classes of 2010, 2011, & 2012 Combined
- Number of Doctoral-Granting Departments by the Average Number of PhDs Conferred, Classes of 2006, 2007 & 2008 Combined
- Response to the Question “If You Had To Do It Over Again, Would You Still Get a PhD in Physics?” Classes of 2010 & 2011 Combined